Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Dies Irae

Alternative Title:
The Dwarves are dead, the nobility has gone nuts, the gods have left us, everything's shit and I am bleeding out on the cold ground of an abandoned ruin
.


Aaaaalright. Now to my setting. I made a two pages long document composed of rough details, just for myself. I didn't knew my players wanted to read that shit, lol, because usually exposition through text is really fucking annoying. I think they wanted to read it because I didn't pushed it in their throats. But still, I won't bother you with this shit, first of all because it's in german and I absolutely can't be assed to translate that, and second, nothing, I'd post the full document if I were motivated enough to translate it.

I'll try to summarize:
There were some astrowizards living in a huge-ass observatory in Arkosa, an university town. They discovered a new strange green star, named Provodis, Endenstar or Greenveil. Well shit, the star is coming closer to the world. the Wizards panic. A lot of them die mysteriously, their bodies show white hair and dried out flesh.
One day, now known as the shroud, every intelligent being started to have terrible nightmares for a week or so. The clerics and astrowizards declared armageddon in a dozen years. Most clerics said that the star is coming to rob the souls of every being, so they proclaimed a call for mass suicide, which a lot of people followed, like almost every dwarf ever. (Dwarven Ruin dungeoncrawls heyyy)
The peasants totally didn't want to work anymore and a lot of brutal wars with a ferocity never seen before plagued the lands. This period of decay has been ongoing for five years, until everyone sobered up for a bit. Tradeprinces amassed a lot of wealth and influence in that uncertain time and guided the people to redevelopment. This period of rebuilding has now been ongoing for 5 years.
Most people just want to chill out until cataclysm hits.
Two years left. Let's fucking crawl some dungeons.

What is interesting:
  • The world is in a state of semi-ruin, with a lot of shit to discover
  • Dwarven freaking ruins
  • there are good hearted mass murderer clerics who want to free every soul from greenveils damning grasp
  • With most clerics leaving the world, dark forces spread in the lands. very good for a touch of gothic horror adventures, there are undead, lycanthropes, etc. everywhere
  • What is this weird-ass star that gives us nightmares? what? Can we stop it?
  • There are aliens and time-travelers in this setting lol
  • The Arkosan Observatory is a huge-ass mega dungeon  
What is boring:
  • What? Everythings interesting. Don't be silly.
Little Hexmap I threw together really quick. Maybe, Maybe I'll redraw this map.

No comments:

Post a Comment